Auto Insurance in Worcester, Massachusetts
Auto insurance can help protect drivers from numerous risks and perils. Your car insurance is highly customizable, so you should work closely with your agent to determine which policies, limits and deductibles may provide appropriate coverage for your situation.
Contact Rawson & Sons Insurance Group LLC in Worcester, MA, to learn more about your auto insurance options and compare quotes.
Do I Need Car Insurance?
Each state determines the minimum auto insurance requirements for its residents. Massachusetts drivers need the following coverages to remain in compliance with state laws:
- Liability insurance, often distinguished by bodily injury and property damage coverages, may help pay for a driver’s legal liability for accident-related third-party property damage and bodily injuries.
- Personal injury protection (PIP) may help cover lost wages, medical expenses, and other accident-related costs for the insured driver and their passengers.
- Uninsured motorist coverage may help cover the insured driver’s accident-related medical costs and property damage if the other driver doesn’t have auto liability insurance.
These required policies pay only up to the policy’s limits, so your agent may recommend you purchase more than the minimum required amount, depending on your circumstances.
Your agent can help you get the auto insurance coverage you need to comply with state laws and your lienholder’s requirements. If you lease or finance a vehicle, the lienholder typically requires full coverage insurance, which may include comprehensive, collision and guaranteed asset protection (GAP) insurance.
What Does Auto Insurance Cover?
Auto insurance can provide coverage for a variety of risks and perils. Your agent may offer the following policies in addition to the core coverages required by Massachusetts law:
- Comprehensive and collision insurance may help cover repair or replacement costs for the insured vehicle after a covered incident, such as an accident involving another car or object, a natural disaster, fire, theft or vandalism.
- GAP insurance may help pay off your loan or lease if the insured vehicle is a total loss after a covered accident or incident.
- Underinsured motorist coverage may help cover the other driver’s liability for your accident-related injuries and property damage if their auto liability policy doesn’t offer enough coverage to pay those costs.
Several endorsements can help tailor your auto insurance to meet your needs, including the following:
- Rental car reimbursement
- Roadside assistance
- Custom equipment coverage
- Auto glass replacement
Endorsements vary by provider, and availability may depend on the specific policy and your location. Talk to your agent to learn more about all the coverage options available.
Shopping around is an essential part of getting the most coverage for your insurance dollar. Contact Rawson & Sons Insurance Group LLC today to get auto insurance coverage at a great rate.